Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Last Night

Last night was a great night for some Kuwaitis and a not so great night for others. I live near a sports arena called Al-Arabi club. There was a game going on that night between the Al-Arabi team and the Al-Qadsiya team, and as I was leaving for my cousin's engagement ceremony, cars were parked on pavements, on highways, even in front of people's houses just so they could go and watch the game.

You might say that it's wonderful that so many Kuwaitis support football, but as I said before, it was a good night for some and a bad night for others. The Al-Qadsiya team won the game 1-0. So as all the supporters left the stadium they were greeted with a nice parking violation. Every single car parked illegaly was ticketed.

Now, you might side with the law, but I'm siding withe the supporters. You know why, because the only reason they parked illegaly is because the stadium's management got authorization from the government years back to take out about 3/4 of the already existing parking lot and turn it in to a squash court. Where were people supposed to park? Do you blame them for having to park on the streets? Granted, they could have parked at the supermarket's parking lot right next to it, but as I couldn't see that far I don't know if it was already full or if it was pure laziness on their part. All in all, I still blame the government for not thinking about this situation. Growing up in this town, it is expected that if there is a game going on there will be a large crowd and it will be hard to find proper parking. Fix the problem already or tear down the stadium and move it to a non-residential area.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to add a little positiveness to this article and say CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin H who got engaged last night. H you are a wonderful person, I wish you all the best, and I just hope he knows what a star you are ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousin A. You're a wonderful cousin yourself thanks you soo much xx

Aseel said...

LOL .. Anytime Cousin H! ;)

Ansam said...

People here are just lazy to park believe me. At work we have a HUGE parking lot and people would still arrive early but park outside just in non-parking spots just because its 20 meters closer LOL