Monday, June 18, 2007

Water & Electricity

I’m sure people all over the world have water and electricity problems in their country or home towns, but when an OIL rich country has that problem as well, you question it. Lucky me, answers were provided.

Before I ruin the story by sharing the answers I want to tell you what I went through. In March and April of this year I was late to work at least once a week, because by the time I wake up to take a shower in the morning there was no water!

Of course as soon as I found that out I would go back to sleep and try again a couple of hours later. Thank God my company doesn’t have any sign in sheets or finger print machines, just cameras that tell if you came in that day or not!

Now my already ignited frustration was increased when I found out a minister in the government had bought a generator before the summer season even began, knowing what this summer and the government had to hold for us i.e. the water and electricity rations and rolling blackouts from 1p.m.-5p.m. everyday! See http://ansam518.blogspot.com/ for another story on the topic.

More gasoline was added to the fire when my sister told me a couple of days ago WHY we’re having these problems? Do you want to know why?

It turns out that for the past few years a former Energy Ministry was working on an energy plant knowing we were going to end up with this problem that we have now, and it was delayed because he was trying to give his brother’s company the contract! A Korean company in which his brother had a big stake in.

Suffice it to say the government found out about it, which is why he was removed and Mr. Mohammed Al-Aleem is now in charge. It also explains the electricity, and water problem we are facing today.

My question is, how long are we going to stand by and let our country be used for other people’s pleasures? How long do we have to sit around and watch specific governmental, royal, or merchant figures suck Kuwait dry ad leave the rest of our countrymen behind?

Stop thinking of "What you country can DO for you, but what you can DO for your country!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with ur point, every one who has the power to suck something out of kuwait, will do it, and they are doing it.

the country is a used to be, and soon, it will be gone.

it is weakend by it's own ppl.

allah yastir.

Ansam said...

I heard somewhere that if they want to build a new power plant it could take up to five years.. and we didnt start that yet!!!!

We are thinking of having a generator in our house just in case of emergency!

Aseel said...

New in Toronto: I agree. Allah yastir!

That's correct Ansam. Good idea on the generator. By the way my friend did the same and it cost them KD 5000 for a generator powerful enough for their house alone